University of Alberta Jobs for Teaching & Non Faculty Position. University of Alberta Careers for Freshers and Experience Aspirants. Teaching Jobs in Alberta University. Job in Alberta.
Candidate can search here for Government Jobs in Canada. And Also examine for Police officer Jobs in Alberta. Make a bright future with University of Alberta Jobs Career with Teaching and Faculty – Non faculty Jobs.
University of Alberta Jobs for Financial Administrator (Operating)
Department of Mathematical & Statistical Science
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits.
The Department of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences is seeking an organized and confident self-starter to fill the role of Financial Administrator (Operating). We are looking for an individual who seeks to understand their clients, has demonstrable evidence that they are able to deliver results, and can grow an effective high trust culture.
Reporting to the Assistant Chair (Administration), the successful incumbent assists with the financial and payroll administration of all operating programs within the Department of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, including donations and endowments. The incumbent is responsible to independently identify and resolve accounting and budget issues, create solutions, and manage the implementation of these solutions toward an effective and efficient result. The incumbent must be able to manage a heavy workload with constantly changing priorities whilst maintaining accuracy and professionalism.
Duties for University of Alberta Jobs as Financial Administrator
- Supports the department’s financial and human resources processes in a timely and confidential manner whilst demonstrating a positive “client service” approach
- Acts as the primary departmental financial and payroll resource for faculty, staff, and students, and well, is the departmental contact for the University’s internal units
- Provides leadership with respect to UPlan and PeopleSoft applications and when necessary, assists with the hands-on training of new individuals
- Develops and maintains effective financial administration processes for documentation standards, documentation retention, approvals/delegations, and file storage according to University policy and accounting best practices
- Updates and maintains the various departmental financial reporting structures and submits the necessary requests to maintain Org Codes, Program Codes, and Speed Codes
- Compiles and performs monthly operating account and P-card reconciliations in accordance to with UAPPOL and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Produces monthly reports for the Chair and Assistant Chair (Administration) relating to projected expenditures and special salary categories and provides data relating to operating budget queries for decision-making purposes
- Reviews accounts payable expenses posted to the Department’s operating accounts to ensure accuracy and then and analyzes and corrects discrepancies by completing an Accounts Payable Journal Voucher (APJV)
- Processes contracts and payments to individuals and small unincorporated companies for services in accordance with the University’s guidelines and procedures
- Submits purchase requisitions through the University’s online procurement system, SupplyNet, for any purchases not covered under using the University’s Low Dollar Purchase (LDP) or P-Card systems
- Reconciles outstanding SupplyNet PO’s using the PeopleSoft SupplyNet PO Activity Detail query and then implements the required corrective action, should it be required
- Ensures all cash revenue is deposited to meet year-end deadlines and/or that all cash revenue received, but not yet deposited with Financial Services, up to and including the year-end cut-off date, is itemized in detail on the Year End Revenue Form
- Provides payroll administrative support to the Assistant Chair (Administration) for appointments paid from operating funds
- In collaboration with the Financial Administrator (Research), shares in the workload to process travel and expense forms for departmental personnel, as necessary and in accordance with University guidelines
- Acts as the Alberta High School Competition (AHSMC) Board Secretary and in this role, leads in the organization and administration of two annual high school mathematics competitions and acts as a liaison between Alberta high schools and AHSMC.
- Ensures that the department’s capital assets are accurately tracked in the Department’s database and the University’s Equipment Asset Register
- Tags moveable equipment with an acquisition value of $5,000 or greater as well as all desirable equipment with an acquisition value of less than $5,000
- At the end of equipment’s life cycle, arranges for the disposal of the assets and updates database accordingly to reflect these changes along with proper authorization in place
- When required, will contribute to the departmental vision, values, and strategic plan, then implements those strategies and provides progress reports on alignment and delivery
- Undertakes other finance related projects, either individually or as a member of a team, as requested by either the Assistant Chair (Administration) or the Department Chair
Qualifications for University of Alberta Jobs as Financial Administrator
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting and/or Finance from a recognized college or technical institution preferred; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum of five years in an administrative work environment, preferably at a post-secondary institution
- Knowledge of the University’s policies and procedures is an asset
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills including time-management and well-developed multi-tasking skills with keen attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well within both academic and business settings
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism with a high level of tact, discretion and the capability to maintain confidentiality
- Efficient, effective and energetic self-starter
- Demonstrated competencies in the areas of results orientation, organizational understanding, teamwork, flexibility/adaptability
- Strong proficiency in Windows using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access), Google Apps, People-soft, internet and databases
How to Apply for University of Alberta Jobs as Financial Administrator
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however,direct link for applying be given below for University of Alberta Jobs as Financial Administrator.
University of Alberta Jobs Laboratory Technician Position
Department of Chemistry
University of Alberta Jobs Laboratory Technician Position Terms
This position has a term length of one year, and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits.
The Mahal Laboratory is a glycobiology research laboratory interested in high-throughput assays for glycomic analysis and mapping miRNA:mRNA interactions. The Research Technician will report to Professor Lara Mahal and work in a group with PhD candidates, post-doctoral fellows and other lab technicians. The successful candidate will prepare and perform lectin microarrays and high-throughput screens on miRNA and mRNA interactions. In addition, they will help maintain cell culture, aid in cloning, order supplies, assist in high-throughput assay development, and utilize microarray printers. S/He will be responsible for performing a variety of complex laboratory tasks of a routine nature as well as some methods development and standardized procedures.
Duties: University of Alberta Jobs Laboratory Technician Position
- Prepares and maintains detailed records and summary reports of all procedures
- Organizes samples and plasmids
- Prints lectin microarrays and other arrays as needed
- Expresses proteins for use on lectin microarrays
- Performs lectin microarray experiments
- Perform in vitro, high-throughput mRNA:miRNA binding experiments
- Analyzes data from miRNA:mRNA and lectin microarray experiments
- Performs routine molecular biology laboratory procedures, such as PCR, and DNA electrophoresis, cloning and DNA preparations to support analysis as needed
- Maintains cells in culture as needed
- Assists in organizing laboratory space, data and materials
- Helps maintain cell culture
- Assists in ensuring that safe laboratory practices are followed, including the use and disposal of chemicals and hazardous materials
- Provides technical support to faculty and staff including training of new employees, residents, postdoctoral associates, fellows and students
- Participates in planning and carrying out experiments
- Assists in preparing research protocols
- Receives supply orders and confirms accuracy of delivery
- Ensures that facilities and equipment are in optimal and proper working condition
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications for University of Alberta Jobs for Laboratory Technician Position
- Minimum BSc in a related field of study (e.g., Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology)
- Minimum 1-2 years of laboratory experience, including equipment repairs and troubleshooting
- Ability to interact effectively within a dynamic team-based research environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
How to Apply for University of Alberta Jobs Laboratory Technician Position
For Apply University of Alberta Jobs link given in the below section candidate just click on the link and Apply Online for University of Alberta Careers.
Dear Aspirants if you have any query or question about this Alberta University Jobs Hiring 2019. Please write in below comments box your review about Alberta University Careers. We will answer you soon. We wants to know about your thoughts So please review. Please Share also this Job post. and Subscribe us by email for Upcoming Govt Jobs in Alberta.