Toronto Police Recruitment for Civilian | Current TPS Jobs Opening | Toronto Police Jobs for Various Position. Toronto Police Hiring for Systems Integration Specialist.
Toronto Police Recruitment for Systems Integration Specialist
Posting Title: Systems Integration Specialist
Job ID #: 4885
Salary: $109, 772.00 – $128, 117.00
Location: Toronto Police Headquarters
Department: Enterprise Architecture Office
Job Code: A13SLA Class 13 (35)
Opening Date: —
Must Apply By: Tupdate soon
The Toronto Police Service is looking for a candidate that shares our corporate values:
Service at our Core – Do the right thing – Connect with Compassion – Reflect and Grow
The Toronto Police Service is the fourth largest municipal police service in North America. With over 4,500 officers and approximately 2,000 civilian employees, we are dedicated to delivering best-in-lass police services, in partnership with our communities, by being where the public needs the Service the most, by embracing partnerships to create safe communities, and by focusing on the needs of the City.
The Opportunity for Toronto Police Recruitment:
As the Systems Integration Specialist you will be responsible for providing effective hands-on architectural solutions for integration of all Information Technology Services and Intelligence Services. This involves ensuring appropriate and timely systems analysis and technical support for all distinct business related technology components, including but not limited to networks, servers/storage, databases and systems development activity, etc.
What can I expect to do in this role? Toronto Police Recruitment for Systems Integration Specialist
Reporting directly to the Enterprise Data Architect, as a Systems Integration Specialist, you will:
- Defines, develops and communicates the ITS strategy for enterprise solution and data integration providing architectural input to all projects
- Develops the technical requirements, Systems Integration Plans, interfaces, architecture, and operational threads and use cases and ensures alignment with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). Prepares system development cost estimates, budgets, and schedules and monitors any contractor designs or workloads as necessary for project management. Develops integration automation capabilities.
- Writes design documentation for assigned integration components; organizes the review and/or release of documentation when required; ensures alignment with the designs of the systems being integrated and the overall solution architecture; architects, develops, integrates, tests, optimizes and sustains systems and subsystems.
- Supports system integration, test planning and test execution activities that include developmental and operational test events involving diverse systems, subsystems, networks and servers. Reviews current status of systems and prepares recommendations for systems improvements in alignment with Industry Best Practices and SOA.
- Supports the Intelligence Services requests and integration with IT Services
- Oversees Intelligence Services’ internet environment and ensures that effective security solutions, including the maintenance of firewall and the application of specialized anti-virus and intrusion detection systems; ensures appropriate data architecture and administration on Internet technical components; develops and maintains IT/Web infrastructure, communications, and the managing of the internet infrastructure components
- Investigates new and updated integration patterns and ensure the implementation, respectively, adhering to the software development lifecycle
- Leading projects and completing project management activities as required by the Enterprise Architecture Office
How do You qualify? in Toronto Police Recruitment for Systems Integration Specialist
- Requires a Bachelor of Computer Science, Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Science or an equivalent combination of education, training, and education
- Minimum of 7 years of experience within the field of Information Technology, and specifically in those areas related to Networks, Servers, Storage Management, Database and database integration/interface, Architecting, Website/Internet and Security Solutions, and Desktop Systems.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of software products, applications and software interactions with networks and peripheral equipment combined with several years experience in the provision of technical/hardware and applications/software user support.
Notes for Toronto Police Recruitment for Systems Integration Specialist
- All applicants who meet the qualifications of the position are invited to submit an online application for this vacancy
- We thank all applicants for their interest. Once your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an e-mail confirmation within 24 hours
- Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted
The Toronto Police Service is committed to reflecting the diverse communities we serve. We encourage applications from our diverse communities, including Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, women, visible minorities, LGBTQ+ persons, those who are able to speak fluently in another language(s) and anyone committed to a rewarding career in public service.