Surrey Police Staff Jobs Vacancies in Surrey Police. Surrey Police Staff Jobs Apply for Current Vacancies. Surrey Police Constable Trainee Vacancies. Police Jobs in Surrey.
Candidates can search here for Surrey Police Staff Jobs and Upcoming Surrey Police Vacancies. We are updating here all latest and upcoming Police Police Staff for Civilian. Current Police Staff Jobs and Police officer Jobs in Surrey. Stay with us for to Get alert of Jobs in Surrey. Search here for Join British Army Recruitment Step By Step How to Join British Army ?
Surrey Police Staff Jobs Vacancies in Surrey Police
Candidates who are looking for Surrey police Staff Jobs in Surrey Police. Good news for them that Surrey Police Hiring for Police Staff as Office Manager – Specialist Neighbourhood Team Position. All details about Surrey Police Staff Jobs is given in the below section candidate should check all details before applying for Surrey police Staff Jobs.
Surrey Police Staff Jobs Vacancy Information
Division / Department – West Surrey Division
Grade – Grade D
Status – Full Time
Contract Type – Permanent
Salary Grade Range – £20,486 – £23,758
Working Hours – 36.0 Hours per Week
The starting salary for this role will usually be at the bottom of the salary range.
Surrey Police Staff Jobs About The Role
Surrey Police is seeking an individual who is enthusiastic, approachable, well organised and able to work with a variety of people in role that is essential to the smooth running of both the Neighbourhood Policing Team and Specialist Neighbourhood Team.
As the office manager, you will provide an effective and efficient administrative support service to both the Specialist Neighbourhood Team (SNT) and the Neighbourhood Policing Team (NPT) to promote the effectiveness and efficiency of the combined teams.
Key Responsibilities for Surrey Police Staff Jobs
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
To act as a point of contact as necessary for the combined team responding to enquiries on their behalf or routing them to the appropriate person / department in a timely manner. Providing high levels of customer care whilst so doing, in line with the Force Customer Service Strategy and national Victim Code requirements.
To be a key point of contact for partners and external agencies, and assist with Information Sharing Protocol requests.
To manage, assess and respond to correspondence sent to the team, prioritising effort on areas that represent a risk to a victim, a person or the force, highlighting threat, harm or risk factors to the appropriate supervising officer.
Collate data and statistics on the work of the teams to enable management to monitor performance in line with organisational priorities.
To research and interrogate force data and systems as directed to support the work of the teams, highlighting areas of potential risk. This may include monitoring data such as repeat victims, repeat callers, ascertaining vulnerability and ensuring that this is appropriately recorded and flagged to highlight potential areas of risk.
To undertake administrative work in relation to the roles carried out by the teams, ensuring that force policies, procedures and guidelines are adhered to.
Undertake word processing, audio typing, postal requirements, reprographic services and associated administrative tasks or functions as required.
To maintain effective liaison and efficient working practices with Learning and Development. To support supervisors with organising, arranging and booking any mandatory force training requirements or other authorised courses (including externally delivered training courses) for their teams.
Ensure the teams maintain an adequate supply of stationery and other office materials, obtaining authorisation from the budget holder where applicable. To deal with any defective equipment quickly to allow business to function smoothly. To report defects to the building or structure through liaison with Estates, or where co-located with the relevant partner agency.
Coordinate the arrangements for any meetings that are appropriate and ensure that the necessary administrative support is provided.
Liaise and communicate with appropriate internal departments and external agencies to collate information and ensure an effective service response in meeting operational demands.
Monitor and update the content of social media platforms pertaining to the local area, taking ownership for updating sites on key activity / news stories within the local community to support the communication strategy of the Force or Borough/District.
Skills & Experience for Surrey Police Staff Jobs
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- It is essential that the post holder has/is:
- Previous experience in an administrative and/or customer service role.
- The ability to respond to routine correspondence without direct instruction, but able to exercise judgment regarding escalation.
- The ability to evidence a high standard of IT literacy and a proven ability to operate and interrogate compute systems proficiently (with experience using Microsoft Office products). The ability to become proficient in Surrey Police systems.
- Proficient in the use of social media platforms or the ability to become proficient in their use.
- Demonstrable experience collating statistics and budget information including the ability to produce clear, concise and accurate written letters and reports with this information.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to deal confidently, courteously and efficiently with enquiries both internally and externally, demonstrating high levels of customer care and is able to effectively managing customer expectations.
- The ability to work as a team member with the competing demands and pressures that arise. To be able to work unsupervised in the absence of a line manager maintaining and prioritising own work, taking the initiative to resolve problems where they arise and make sound judgements and decisions at all times.
- The ability to be flexible and to be able to cope with and apply new procedures and working practices to assist with organisational and procedural changes.
- The ability to maintain a high level of integrity and be aware of the need for confidentiality and security of all operational material that will come into their possession some of which may be of a sensitive nature.
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of neighbourhood policing and collaborative problem solving.
- Previous experience in an administrative and or customer service role.
Additional Information for Surrey Police Staff Jobs
This post is being advertised in parallel with Force redeployment processes. Any redeployees who are identified will be given preference. This may result in the post being withdrawn at any point during the recruitment process.
If you are an internal candidate looking to apply for this role, please ensure that you discuss your application with your line manager before submitting an application. If you are conditionally offered the role your attendance record and any reasonable adjustments already in place will be discussed with yourself and your current line manager.
Please note that not all jobs are available for internal candidates across both Forces, the current agreed recruitment principles are;
– vacancies in collaborated units are available to all officers and staff across both Forces
– vacancies in non-collaborated units are only available to officers and staff within the Force with the vacancy unless it is advertised externally. If the vacancy is advertised externally and an officer or member of staff from the other Force is success it will result in a transfer of employment.
Surrey Police and Sussex Police Special Constables, Volunteers and Agency Staff (excluding self employed workers) covered under the Agency Worker Regulations (AWR) are eligible to apply for internal advertised posts.
Applications will only be accepted by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button. CVs are not accepted as part of our recruitment process.
Diversity Statement for Surrey Police Staff Vacancies
Surrey Police and Sussex Police are committed to providing quality in the service we deliver, the career opportunities we offer our people and to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
Surrey Police value diversity and inclusion and want to attract the best people for the roles available regardless of age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, disability, social status and religious beliefs.
Surrey Police want to do all we can to encourage fair and inclusive opportunities, helping us to ensure that all individuals are properly supported and represented.
The Surrey Police committed to the elimination of unfair discrimination and we are determined to ensure that all or employees receive fair and equitable treatment.
Particularly keen to hear from applicants who are from different ethnic backgrounds and experiences.
Check More Police Jobs below
Dear Aspirants if you have any query or question about this Surrey Police Staff Jobs 2019. Please write in below comments box your review about police Staff jobs in Surrey post. We will answer you soon. We wants to know about your thoughts So please review. Please Share also this Job post.
Thanks for Coming Us