Kent Police Jobs for Police Officer Vacancy. Kent police careers. Kent police recruitment. Police Officer jobs in Kent.
In the Kent Police recruiting for Officer Position. If you are looking for Kent police recruitment Jobs then Currently various vacancy position is blank. We are giving all information in the below section. You can get Kent Police Jobs details position wise. See first information given in the table below about Kent Police Recruitment 2019.
Kent Police Jobs for Police Officer Vacancy:
Kent Police Jobs for Police Officer jobs in Kent:- The role of a Police Constable can be demanding but it’s that variety which makes it one of the most rewarding jobs around. Every day, presents a new challenge, you’ll deal with different situations ensuring public order is maintained, at all times.
You’ll be responsible for protection of life and property as well as prevention and detection of crime. Working as part of a close team, you’ll help to serve and protect the diverse communities and businesses of Kent.
Kent Police salary for Police Officer:
Kent Police Jobs for Police Officer: Join #TeamKent as a police officer and you’ll receive a starting salary of £24,518, rising to £41,150 within your first 7 years.
Note: these figures include a yearly £2,000 South East allowance.
Kent Police Jobs Training Programme for Police Officer:
Kent Police Jobs for Police Officer: Police constable training programme will run for 19 weeks at our training college in Maidstone, Kent.
The training programme will include practical scenarios covering over 120 pieces of legislation and weekly physical training sessions. You’ll be required to sit two exams (3hr exam) as well as numerous tests and knowledge checks. Within the first week of training you’ll complete a six day diversity module which will include a visit to a place of worship and a two day placement within the local community.
After 19 weeks, student constables will be tutored on LDPT (local policing team) for 10 weeks before returning to the training college for a week, to cover case-file preparation and other investigative modules. You’ll then move onto the Investigative development module for 12 weeks and cover prisoner handling, interviewing and case-file preparation.
Very high standards of dress, behaviour and attitude are enforced by our training college. Student constables will also be required to complete work outside training hours.
Kent Police Careers Development:
Kent Police Jobs for Police Officer: After successfully completing your probationary period* you could progress in one of the following roles/areas:
- CID officer (criminal Investigation)
- Sexual offences investigation team
- Vulnerability investigation team
- Firearms officer
- Dog handler
- Traffic/Roads Policing officer
- Community safety unit
- Major crime
- Serious and organised crime
- Undercover/Covert investigation
- Police officer training
Many more opportunities are available.
*Probation period for student constables is 2 years.
Requirements to become a Police Officer in Kent:
Kent Police Jobs for Police Officer:
- I’m an EEA or Swiss National*.
- I’ve lived in the UK continuously for the last 3 years**.
- I’m 18 years old (or older).
- I hold a full UK manual driving licence (with 6 points or less on it).
- I haven’t applied, and been unsuccessful, to join any police force in the last 6 months.
- I don’t have any tattoos or piercings which cause offence, are excessive or deemed unprofessional.
- I’m not registered bankrupt or subject to CCJs or IVAs (IVAs will be considered on a case by case basis).
- Any previous criminal convictions or cautions (including those spent), fixed penalty notices, traffic offences or any involvement with the police must be declared and they may affect your application.
*Commonwealth citizens and foreign nationals can also apply if you have leave to enter or remain in the UK for indefinitely and you’re free of restrictions.
**Not applicable if you’ve been serving abroad with the British Armed Forces.
Medical standards for Kent Police Officer Jobs:
Kent Police Jobs for Police Officer: Visit HM Government for detailed information on medical standards including which illnesses, injuries and disorders will affect your ability to perform the role of a police officer.
Education and Experience for Kent Police Officer Jobs:
To pass the 2nd stage of eligibility requirements you must be able to say ‘Yes’ to one of the below:
- I’ve got 2 or more A levels or an equivalent ‘Level 3’ qualification.
- I’m currently studying at A level or equivalent ‘Level 3’ qualification and expecting results this summer. Click here to apply pending qualification results.
- I have an academic or vocational qualification gained outside England and Wales which is considered by the UK National Recognition Information Centre to be equal to 2 A levels.
- I’ve served in the military, armed forces or similar law enforcement agency, have successfully completed the minimum term of service (usually 4 years but exceptional cases of shorter periods may be considered) and have achieved an exemplary reference on discharge.
- I currently hold a valid Level 3 Certificate in Knowledge of Policing.
- If you are a serving Special Constable who joined after 1st January 2015, you are required to achieve independent patrol status, complete your Level 3 Diploma, knowledge and understanding elements and receive sign-off from your respective Special Constable Co-ordinator before being eligible to apply for the role of Police Constable, unless you hold the requisite qualifications. If you are a serving Special Constable who joined prior to 1st January 2015, you must have obtained independent patrol status and have sign-off from your respective Special Constable Co-ordinator.
- I’m a serving Kent Police Community Support Officer and have completed 2 years’ service* (see below).
- I’m a serving Kent Police staff member and have passed my probationary period. I’ve also passed any specific contractual terms and have the support of my senior management team** (see below).
Read a comprehensive list of the qualifications we accept from people applying to become a police officer.
Notes:-Kent Police Jobs for Police Officer:
*If you’re a PCSO for Kent Police and applying under any other eligibility criteria, you can’t progress to appointment until you’ve completed 2 years’ service as a PCSO.
**If you’re currently a member of Kent Police staff you must contact HR Services on 01245 452833 to check you’re eligible to apply for this round of recruitment before starting your application.
fitness test for Kent Police Officer Jobs:
One of the requirements of the police assessment process is to pass a fitness test. This means achieving level 5.4 on the ‘bleep test’.
Find out more on the College of Policing website.Trial fitness test
If you are considering applying but have reservations about the fitness element then you might want to apply to attend our trial fitness test, find out more here.