Indian Coast Guard
Indian Coast Guard is a multi-mission organization. which operates year-to-year actual operations in the sea. Despite being relatively small, it has a wide range of work capabilities for both surface and air operations.
The organization is headed by the Director General, Indian Coast Guard (DGICG), which has its overall order from the Coast Guard Headquarters (CGHQ) And uses superintendence. In CGHQ, they are assisted by the four Deputy Directors General of the rank of Inspector General and other senior officers of various staff divisions.
For effective command and control, the marine areas of India have been divided into five coast guard areas, I.e., Gandhinagar, Mumbai, with North-West, West, East, North-East and Andaman and Nicobar, Regional Headquarters concerned Are located in Chennai, Kolkata and Port Blair Command of the Coast Guard is done by the officers of rank rank.
Regional headquarters of Indian Coast Guard
Indian Coast Guard Regional headquarters (north-west) in Gandhinagar specifically covers the strategically significant maritime state of Gujarat. The state has the district headquarters in Porbandar. This district, commissioned in 1984, is supported by the stations of Veraval, Mundra, Okha and Jakhu. Dornier aircraft run by Porandar and Advanced Light helicopters provide air support to this area.
Indian Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (West)– In addition to Gujrat, in the rest of the Western Seaboard, Mumbai is the responsibility of the Regional Headquarters (West) in Mumbai. In this area, Maharashtra coast is a major center of economic activity. The area is also sensitive due to the location of off-noise oil platforms and atomic energy establishments. Fisheries activities in this area go beyond traditional fishing grounds, thereby increasing the scope of ICG operations. Maharashtra has its district headquarter in Mumbai, and is supported by a helicopter squadron.
District headquarter in Goa was commissioned in 1994. This is the home of the first helicopter squadron The Coast Guard (CGAS 800). Karnataka State has its district headquarter in New Mangalore. The headquarters, commissioned in 1990, is engaged in controlling marine activities along Karnataka coast. Kerala has its district headquarter in Kochi, and Lakshadweep is supervised and operated by district headquarter in Kavarthi. This large number of oil tankers are close to the Sea Lane (SLOCs) of communication, and therefore is a high risk area in the case of oil pollution. Air assistance is provided by Dornier aircraft located in Kochi.
Indian Coast Guard The Regional Headquarters(Andaman & Nicobar) is located at Port Blair. District Headquarters No.9 at Diglipur, District Headquarters No.10 at Campbell Bay & District Headquarters No.14 at Port Blair functions under RHQ(A&N). Smaller stations include Hutbay, Mayabander and Kamorta. There is an air enclave also existing at Port Blair to provide air cover to this Region
Indian Coast Guard The Regional Headquarters(East) is located at Chennai. The entire coast line from Puvar to Ichchapuram comes under the jurisdiction of the Commander, Region (East). There are two District Headquarters (Chennai & Visakhapatnam), six Coast Guard Stations (Tuticorin, Mandapam, Puducheri, Kakinada, Chennai and Visakhapatnam),
Indian Coast Guard The Regional Headquaters (North-East) is located at Kolkata. The entire coast line from Sunderbans to Gopalpur comes under the jurisdiction of the Commander, Region (North-East). There are two District Headquarers, situated at Haldia and Paradip respectively, besides CG Station and one Air Station. Dornier and Helicopter are operated from CGAE, Kolkata.
Indian Coaust Guard Navik Recruitment 2022 General Duty 10+2 Entry Eligibility
In the Below part of this post we will talk about Indian Coast Guard Eligibility for GD 10+2 Entry. Candidate should check all the eligibility criteria.
Indian Coast Guard Salary for GD 10+2 Entry
Upon joining the Indian Coast Guard, you will be charged dearness allowance and other allowances in addition to the basic salary of Rs.1700 / – (pay level 3) as per the prevailing rules, on the basis of the place of duty / posting.
The applicant selected for the new (general duty) posts should be 10%, in which the total marks should have 50% marks and the minimum 50% marks in mathematics and physics from the education board recognized by the Central and State Government. (In the open national championship / inter-state national championship, the first, second or third position in any field sports tournaments National live in level of outstanding sports person of the lowest cut in the discount of 5% off There will discount service for the deceased will also apply to wards the Coast Guard uniform personnel).
Indian Coast Guard Age Limit
Candidate age should Minimum 18 years and maximum 22 years i.e. between 01 August 1997 to 31 July 2001 (both dates are included); 5 years in upper age for SC / ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.
Indian Coast Guard Selection Process
- Online applications will be sorted out and planned to be conducted during the month of .
- The selection process is as follows: Short listing criteria will be based on a special examination center.
- Higher number of applications have been received with written examination which will be of objective type, which will cover topics like Maths Physics Basic Chemistry Knowledge, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Quantitative Aptitude, etc. of English till Class 12 are eligible.
- The examination will have to undergo physical fitness test (PFT) and initial medical examination (initial).
- Process of testing will take 2 or 3 days. Physically challenged candidates are not eligible
Indian Coast Guard Exam Centres
The exam centres for Indian Coast Guard will be alandhar, Dehradun, Noida, Jodhpur, Varanasi, Guwahati, Paradip, Haldia, Kolkata, Tuticorin, Chennai, Secunderabad, Visakhapatnam, Kochi, Bhopal, Mumbai, New Mangalore, Gandhi Nagar, Port Blair.
Indian Coast Guard Physical Fitness Test
- PFT will be organized for all who pass a written examination. All candidates are advised to be in possession of the game rig (shoe, T-shirt, trouser etc.).
- PFT will include the following: Run a 1.6 km race in 7 minutes and push up 20 squat ups (tissue betath) 10.
- Candidates passing through PFT do so at their own risk, on the basis of performance in the examination, candidates will be shortlisted in the proportion of the initial recruitment medical examination (initial), as may be decided by the Indian Coast Guard.
- The Indian Coast Guard will be displayed in the website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
- The original training will be started in INS Chilka and after that the marine training and vocational training in the allocated business;
- During the basic training, the branch / business will be allocated according to the requirement of service and performance.
- At any time during the training, novices can be disqualified due to unsatisfactory performance.