FAO Careers 2021- FAO Jobs in South Africa 2021. Find here Latest South Africa Jobs in FAO . FAO South Africa Jobs Vacancies 2021. Government Jobs in South Africa. South Africa Government Jobs Opportunity in South Africa. Upcoming Federal Government Jobs.
Jobs seekers who are looking for FAO Jobs in South Africa can get here latest South Africa Job Opening through FAO Careers Sites. We are updating this page for latest FAO Jobs in South Africa. You can see below current FAO South Africa Jobs 2021 with all Degree/Diploma eligibility.
FAO Careers 2021- FAO Jobs in South Africa
latest South Africa Job Opening through FAO Careers:- FAO South Africa currently published a job notification on FAO South Africa Jobs site. Candidates who are eligible for FAO Jobs 2021. They can fill their online application the Project Data Management Specialist jobs available now. Candidates who are Bachelor’s degree can apply for this Academic Project Data Management Specialist jobs in South Africa.
For more details about FAO South Africa Jobs 2021 you can check below. Candidates should advised that they should check official notification before applying. This information taken from official site of FAO . We are not responsible for any error or mistake.
FAO South Africa Jobs Opening 2021 Summary
|Name of Recruiter||FAO|
|Name of Job Position||Project Data Management Specialist|
|Job Location||Cape Town|
|Jobs Type||Fresher Jobs in South Africa|
|Application Deadline||Not Applicable|
- Plan and coordinate the acquisition of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) based data related to Conservation Agriculture (CA) from NCATFs and CARWG members and partners.
- Collect and archive all available data and information related to CA from NCATFs and CARWG members and partners (e.g. number of famers, area under CA, documentation, maps, satellite images).
- Develop a dedicated geodatabase of CA programmes and projects for key partners and share data through the FAO Hand-in-Hand Geospatial Platform.
- Provide day-to-day support to GIS mapping activities to SFS/REOSA
- Support field CA data collection exercises, mapping, ground-truthing, and conducting surveys for geographically referenced socioeconomic data, to ensure that the GIS datasets are kept up-to-date.
- Develop GIS data capture tools for partners and CA scaling up activities in the region
- Design and develop CA interactive story maps, dashboards and other innovative products to support decision making in the region.
- Prepare and distribute maps, in various formats (hard-copy, digital and web-compatible).
- Develop a digital tool for use by NCATFs and other partners to track the expansion of CA in the region.
- Undertake CA geo-spatial suitability analysis to support the scaling-up of CA in the region.
- Establish an electronic database of CA technical resources for use by CARWG members in Southern Africa
- Work with Technical Officers in the development of the concept notes and proposals for resource mobilization for scaling up of CA
- Consolidate project progress reports from National Conservation Agriculture Taskforces/platforms (NCATFs) and other partners.
- In liaison with the Agronomist and relevant project staff, support the organization of meetings, workshops, conferences and other project events;
- Assist in the preparation of project meetings with donors, implementing partners and other stakeholders
- Participate in project technical meetings and events
- Support the Project Communication Specialist in the development of project communication products (infographics, policy and technical briefs, etc).
- Perform any other duties as required.
- University Education – Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Sciences, Geography, Forestry, Environmental science, Food Security or related qualifications; and a postgraduate skills qualification in Geographical Information Systems or related science.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar environment – experience in working with government, NGOs and other UN Agencies is desirable.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of French or of one of the other FAO official languages.