Essex Police Jobs for Police Officer Position. Police Jobs Essex. Check here Essex Police Vacancies for Police Officer. Latest Essex Police Recruitment. Check How to Become a Police Officer in Essex Police.
Essex Police Jobs for Police Officer Position:
In Essex Police, we have officers from all different backgrounds in a variety of roles protecting and serving the wonderfully diverse communities in Essex.
Our officers are from military, retail, office and teaching backgrounds to name just a few. Whatever their background, their skills have brought something unique and valuable to their officer role.
Driven by their motivation to keep people safe, our officers pride themselves on acting with integrity and honesty and are guided by a high moral compass.
Essex Police salary for Police Officer:
Starting salary £24,518 with the potential to rise to £41,150 within your first 7 years (these figures include a yearly £2,000 South East allowance).
Education and Experience for Essex Police Officer Jobs:
To be eligible applicants must meet at least one of the following entry qualification criteria:
- Have reached an educational standard of 2 x A levels (or above) or an equivalent ‘Level 3’ qualification. Note: individuals with qualifications higher than the minimum educational requirement will also be eligible to apply.
- Have achieved an academic or vocational qualification gained outside England and Wales which is considered by the UK National Recognition Information Centre to be a level 3 qualification.
- Have previously served, such as in the military or armed forces, or similar law enforcement agency, where the applicant has successfully completed the minimum term of service (usually 5 years) and has achieved an exemplary reference on discharge.
- Have completed and passed the Level 3 Certificate in Knowledge of Policing.
- Be a serving Special Constable* with Essex Police who has attained independent patrol status at the time of application.
- Be a serving Police Community Support Officer* with Essex Police who has successfully completed a professional development plan and passed their probationary period at the time of application.
- Be a serving member of Essex Police staff and have successfully passed probationary period and has the existing command team support to confirm that they are suitable for consideration to be appointed as a police constable.
Notes: *Candidates who are not relying on being a Special Constable or Police Community Support Officer as part of the qualification requirements, but who are existing Special Constables or a Police Community Support Officers may not progress to appointment until they have attained independent patrol status as a Special Constable or completed their probationary period as a Police Community Support Officer.
Leave for Essex Police Recruitment:
The starting annual leave entitlement is 22 days per year, rising to 30 days a year depending on your length of service. This is on top of public holidays in lieu. You can also expect other forms of leave, including maternity, paternity and adoption leave, special leave (with or without pay), parental break and career breaks of up to five years.
Pensions for Essex Police Jobs:
When you start as a new Police Constable you’ll receive automatic membership of the police pension scheme. This isn’t compulsory, so you can choose to opt out if you want to.
Benefits and Offers for Essex Police Jobs:
As an Essex Police Constable you will be able to join the Essex Police Sports Association (EPSA) via which you can enjoy a multitude of discounts and special offers from many high street stores, national attractions and travel suppliers. These offers include cinema tickets, restaurants and even reduced prices on several car brands.
Through Payroll you will be able to access Childcare Vouchers, our Cycle 2 Work scheme and other salary sacrifice schemes.
EPSA also provides access to approved companies who offer our members financial advice, preferential insurance rates and discounted legal services.
Training and Development for Essex Police Vacancies:
We offer a range of career development and training opportunities, including an online portal enabling you to take control of your learning outside of the workplace, update your knowledge and skills.
Essex Police Jobs Personal Support and Advice:
We pride ourselves on being a caring employer and provide a range of support initiatives to help with both you and your family’s welfare, including support for employees with caring responsibilities, staff support networks, occupational health and welfare counselling, resettlement and outplacement support services. In addition, we offer membership of the Police Federation and staff support associations to support and represent your needs.
APPLYING TO BE A POLICE OFFICER in Essex Police:
- Stage 1: Submitting an application
The application form will require you to fill in your personal details and will give you the option to submit ethnic and disability details.
In addition we will ask you what your motivations are to become a police officer and what preparation you have undertaken before applying.
In this section, we expect you to provide a detailed response including your reason and motives for applying, what your understanding is and expectations are of joining Essex Police as a police officer and finally any research and/or actions you have undertook to help better prepare you for life as a Police Officer with Essex Police.
Your spelling, punctuation and grammar will also be assessed.
If you wish to apply please complete and submit the application form in the BEGIN YOUR APPLICATION section.
- Stage 2: Eligibility for Essex Police Jobs
- Stage 3: Briefing for Essex Police Jobs
If you pass the previous stages, you will be invited to a briefing which provides you with more information about the process of becoming a police officer. There will be the opportunity to speak with our recruitment team and raise any questions you might have. This is an event to help support you with any advice or support you might need from our recruitment team. Applicant’s identification and eligibility documents will be verified at this event too.
- Stage 4: SEARCH assessment for Essex Police Jobs
The assessment consists of five elements; interactive role play, written exam, verbal and logical reasoning exam, numerical exam and an interview. Applicants must get 50% across these exams to pass. This is a national process that all police forces carry out.
- Stage 5: Senior interview for Essex Police Jobs
Applicants will be asked to attend a panel interview in front of senior officers which lasts 30-45 minutes. Each of the questions will relate to the qualities shown on the job description and the Policing Professional Framework. The interview panel will be looking for evidence with answers which demonstrate competency at Level 1.We have some tips for the interview here.
- Stage 6: Pre-employment checks for Essex Police Jobs
The pre-employment checks require applicants to attend the following:
- Medical appointment
- Fitness test
- Pre-employment weekend
- Uniform fitting
We will also process the following checks:
- Vetting checks
- Biometrics clearance (DNA and finger prints are taken at their senior interview)
- Professional standards questionnaire (completed at senior interview)
- Stage 7: Offer of employment for Essex Police Jobs
Once we have received all of their pre-employment checks back and they are satisfactory to us, we will send applicants a final offer of employment.The candidate will receive a number of forms with their final offer letter which need to be processed before starting their course. The applicant will be placed on the next available training course which will be based at Essex Police Headquarters in Chelmsford. Applicants will attend a rigorous and thorough training process to give them the best head start in their career with us.
Check Other Police Jobs in UK