City of Los Angeles Jobs | Jobs in Los Angeles | Los Angeles county jobs | LA City Jobs | Jobs in Los Angeles hiring now | Jobs in LA | Job openings Los Angeles | Part time jobs Los Angeles | jobs in Los Angeles California | job fairs in Los Angeles | jobs hiring in Los Angeles.
City of Los Angeles Jobs 2021 HEARING OFFICER, DA
City of Los Angeles Jobs – Requirements for Officer Position
DISTRICT ATTORNEY require that you have either (1) two years of experience conducting non-judicial hearings* of cases diverted from formal judicial review -OR- (2) four years of law enforcement experience policing in a California Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) participating agency.
*Non-judicial hearings are defined as any hearings conducted for the purpose of diverting individuals from the criminal justice system.
In addition to the requirements above, we would like you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree** in Social Work, Psychology, Criminal Justice, Criminology, Human Services, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Three years of experience beyond the requirements listed under Option 1 conducting non-judicial hearings within the last 10 years.
- Two years of full-time experience working with school-age children in an elementary, middle, or high school environment.
- Intermediate POST Certificate or higher.
License for Officer Vacancy: City of Los Angeles Jobs
You will need a valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
Physical Expectations for Officer: City of Los Angeles Jobs
This position will require light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10-pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved.
Assessment Process for Officer Position :City of Los Angeles Jobs
First meet our requirements. After that, our process consists of two parts: an evaluation of Training and Experience (T&E) weighted 30% and an oral interview weighted 70%.
Part 1: The T&E will evaluate your qualifications based on the information you provide on the Los Angeles County Online Employment Application form, Supplemental Questionnaire, and other supporting documents submitted at the time of filing.
Part 2: After completing the T&E, the interview will evaluate your general job knowledge; problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills; and ethics and professionalism.
Achieving a score of 70% or higher on both examination parts (i.e., T&E and Oral Interview) will get you placed on the eligible list!
If you have a disability and need an accommodation, please contact our ADA coordinator at (213) 257-2700, or via email at [email protected], at least five days before your scheduled interview. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can respond to the request!
Supervisory Transportation Security Officer Jobs in Los Angeles
Open & closing dates – 07/08/2021 to 07/16/2021
Service – Excepted
Pay scale & grade- SV G
Salary – $55,365 to $85,780 per year
Appointment type – Permanent
Work schedule -Full-Time – Full Time
Location – Los Angeles, CA 5 vacancies
Supervisory Transportation Security Officer Requirements in City of Los Angeles Jobs
Conditions of Employment in City of Los Angeles Jobs
- You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National.
- You must complete a favorable Background Investigation (BI).
- You must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening AND random drug/alcohol testing.
- Selective Service registration is required.
- See additional “Conditions of Employment” and “Other Information” sections.
Conditions of Employment: in City of Los Angeles Jobs
- This position is contingent upon a negative drug test result. Any individual tentatively selected for this position will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment.
- Must be able to maintain eligibility for a Secret level security clearance;
- Must be able to maintain proficiency in all facets of assigned work sufficient to ensure recertification, as appropriate;
- Must pass and maintain all required BDA certifications and performance standards when assigned as a STSO over the BDA program;
- Must be available to work various shifts and overtime, as needed;
- Must be proficient in English (e.g., reading, writing, speaking, comprehending);
- Must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National; and
- Mandatory travel for training and occasional other travel may be required.
Security officer Medical Requirement for City of Los Angeles Jobs
Must meet and maintain medical requirements for screening work (including a medical examination and physical abilities assessment) including, but not limited to, the following:
- Must be able to efficiently and thoroughly manipulate and lift baggage, containers, and other objects subject to security processing;
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry items weighing up to 70 pounds;
- Must be able to maintain physical agility that would allow you to squat, bend, and lean to inspect individuals and baggage/cargo;
- Must be able to maintain the ability to walk up to two miles during a shift and stand for prolonged periods (e.g., 3-4 hours) of time;
- Must be able to maintain a measured threshold for sight: Distance vision correctable to 20/30 or better in the best eye and 20/100 or better in worst eye. Near vision correctable to 20/40 or better Snellen binocular;
- Must maintain a measured threshold for hearing: Average hearing loss of 25 decibels (ANSI) at 500, 1000, 2000, and 3000 Hz in each ear. No greater than 45 decibels at 4000 and 6000 Hz in each ear; and
- Must be able to distinguish principle colors that will be a part of images displayed on automated screens: Color perception (e.g., red, green, blue, yellow, orange, purple, brown, black, white, gray). Note: Color filters for enhancing color discrimination are prohibited.
Supervisory/Managerial Trial Period Requirements: City of Los Angeles Jobs
Unless previously completed, you must satisfactorily complete a one-year supervisory trial period to continue in this supervisory/managerial position.
Qualifications for Security Officer in City of Los Angeles Jobs
Supervisory Legal Instruments Examiner Vacancy in City of Los Angeles Jobs
- Open & closing dates – update soon
- Service – Competitive
- Pay scale & grade – GS 10
- Salary – $64,385 to $83,695 per year
- Appointment type – Permanent
- Work schedule -Full-Time
- Location Los Angeles CA
Supervisory Legal Instruments Examiner jobs in Las Angeles Conditions of Employment:
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National to apply for this position.
- Successfully pass a Background Investigation including financial disclosure.
- You must pass a drug screening.
- You must submit resume and supporting documentation.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- Political appointees may require OPM approval before on-boarding.
Qualifications for Supervisory Legal Instruments Examiner position City of Los Angeles Jobs
Relocation expenses are authorized if you are a USCIS employee assigned to the Refugee, Asylum and International Operations program and have been approved for rotation from an overseas assignment. Relocation expenses for USCIS employees assigned to an OCONUS location will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
GS-10: You qualify at the GS-10 level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-09 level in the federal government, which has equipped you with the skills needed to successfully perform the duties of the position. You must have experience performing the following duties:
- Reviewing immigration related information to verify eligibility for employment or determine immigration status;
- Researching and compiling information from documentation and automated resources;
- Prioritizing work and setting short and long-term goals; and
- Providing technical advice about policies, laws, and regulations.
IMPORTANT information for Supervisory Legal Instruments Examiner Jobs in City of Los Angeles Jobs
Please read the following IMPORTANT information to ensure we have everything we need to consider your application.
It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date. Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience and education (if applicable), as it relates to this job opportunity. Please be clear and specific when describing your work history as we cannot make assumptions regarding your experience. Your application will also be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions.
Please ensure EACH work history includes ALL of the following information:
- Job Title (include series and grade if Federal Job)
- Duties (be specific in describing your duties)
- Employer’s name and address
- Supervisor name and phone number
- Start and end dates including month, day and year (e.g. June 18 2007 to April 05 2008)
- Start and end dates for each grade/pay level if you’ve held a federal position.
- Full-time or part-time status (include hours worked per week)
Determining length of General or Specialized Experience is dependent on the above information and failure to provide ALL of this information may result in a finding of ineligible
Federal Experience for City of Los Angeles Jobs
National Service Experience (i.e., volunteer experience) for City of Los Angeles Jobs
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build criteria competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer service. Please provide the dates and amount of time/hours worked earning this experience.Note:
- For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here.
- This position is not in the bargaining unit.
- This position is not considered “essential” for purposes of reporting to work when the facility might otherwise be closed.
- USCIS may fill one or more positions using this vacancy