California Hospital Medical Center Jobs 2021 for Patient Registration Representative | Indiana University Heath Jobs Hiring. IU health Jobs Career in Indiana’s Various Hospital Departments.
California Hospital Medical Center Jobs 2021 for Patient Registration Representative
|Employment Type||Part Time w/o Benefits|
|Department||ED Patient Registration|
|Hours / Pay Period||32|
|Facility||California Hospital Medical Center|
||3p-1130p alternating weekends|
|Work Schedule||8 Hour|
About the California Hospital Medical Center
Founded in 1887, Dignity Health – California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II trauma center, the Los Angeles Center for Women’s Health, obstetrics and pediatric services, and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/californiahospital for more information.
California Hospital Medical Center Jobs – Responsibilities Position Summary:
Employing excellent customer service skills, the Patient Registration Representative is responsible for ensuring a positive patient experience throughout the registration process. In order to ensure appropriate reimbursement for services rendered, primary duties include:
- Appropriate patient identification
- Collecting accurate and thorough patient demographic data
- Obtaining insurance information and verifying eligibility and benefits
- Determining and collecting patient financial liability
- Referring patients to the Patient Registration Specialist as needed for assistance with financial counseling and/or clearance.
The Patient Registration Representative adheres to the organization’s policies and procedures for resolution of patient financial liability. Additionally, the Patient Registration Representative is an information source for patients and families by explaining hospital policies, patient financial responsibilities and Patient Rights and Responsibilitie s.
California Hospital Medical Center Jobs Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
- 1 year of experience working in a hospital Patient Registration department, physician office setting, healthcare insurance company, revenue cycle vendor, and/or other revenue cycle related roles.
- Applicable education and/or training can be used to balance a lack of experience.
- Thorough understanding of insurance policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Able to perform basic mathematics for payment calculation.
- Experience in requesting and processing financial payments.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
- Knowledge of charity care programs as well as the various government and non-government programs preferred.