UWI Mona Careers | Jobs at UWI Mona. University of West Indies Jobs Vacancies. University of the West Indies vacancies. Check latest & Upcoming UWI Mona Vacancies.
Candidates who are looking for Jobs at UWI Mona, excellent News for them that UWI Mona Careers link open for University of West Indies Jobs Vacancies. Applicants who wants to apply for University of the West Indies vacancies. They need to know details of UWI Mona Vacancies. We are updating here UWI Mona Vacancies details by Position. Aspirants advised that they read all the information about Jobs at UWI Mona before applying on UWI Mona Careers link. Regarding to University of the West Indies vacancies Notification details are as following for University of West Indies Jobs Vacancies.
Visit here for University Jobs Vacancies at World Wide.
UWI Mona Careers & Jobs at UWI Mona
Please review the information given in the UWI Mona Careers vacancy advertisement carefully for Jobs at UWI Mona application instructions and addressing. If this information is not provided in the University of West Indies Jobs advertisement, you should follow the instructions below.
Complete two copies of the UWI Mona Vacancies application form provided and submit with the University of the West Indies vacancies application form, your full particulars of qualifications, experience, date of birth, marital status and addresses of three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your current organisation).
For Jobs at UWI Mona This information should be forwarded to:
The Campus Registrar
The University of the West Indies
St. Augustine, Trinidad & Tobago, W.I.
Fax: 1 868 663 9684
University of West Indies Jobs Vacancies for SENIOR RESEARCH FELLOW/RESEARCH FELLOW (SEISMOLOGIST)- REF: 162/25/16 I L1
The UWI Seismic Research Centre
Deadline Date: Sunday, August 25, 2019
View Further Particulars Document
Qualification for Jobs at UWI Mona
The successful candidate must possess a PhD or equivalent in Seismology or Geophysics.
Candidates must also have:
- A BSc in Earth Science, Physics or Geophysics
- At least five years of observatory-type experience working with tectonic and/or volcanic seismicity in a regional setting including routine determination of hypocentre locations, magnitudes and fault-plane solutions
- Experience in the operation of modern telemetered digital seismograph networks for the detection and assessment of regional earthquakes
- Experience in the application of seismic and other techniques for monitoring active volcanoes
- Experience with Python, Earthworm, Seisan, Seiscomp, Soufriere System/WURST and Seed and programming in Python, C and C++
UWI Mona Careers Experience in a leadership role would be advantageous. Work experience in a similar institute would be an asset.
Special Responsibilities for UWI Mona Vacancies
- Leading the Seismic Research Centre (SRC) program in seismology and related areas
- Assisting with the development and supervision of post-graduate students involved in this discipline
- Maintaining the regional, instrumental, earthquake catalogue, ensuring its completeness and consistency
- Ensuring the efficient operation and maintenance of the seismic network
- Providing oversight to the technical seismology staff and coordinating and contributing to their ongoing training and development.
- Interpreting seismic data and reporting to the SRC Director regularly, particularly with regard to the necessity for and timeliness of warnings to be provided to SRC contributing territories
- Taking charge of the setup and operation of seismological software (e.g. Earthworm, Seiscomp) on SRC’s data acquisition and processing servers
- Working with National Disaster Management Agencies and the engineering community in the Caribbean to promote the development and use of appropriate building codes in the design and construction of structures
- Assisting with the day-to-day running of the SRC
Personal Attributes for UWI Mona Careers & Jobs
The Centre places high priority on individuals of integrity who can work well in a team and student friendly environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of both oral and written English is essential. Candidates must also:
- Have knowledge of computer programming and software development
- Be able to communicate science to non-scientists, with diplomacy and sensitivity, across the entire social spectrum and to government officials
- Have demonstrated presentation and communication skills, and be particularly adept in conveying complex ideas to a range of audiences
- Be in possession of valid driver’s permit, or willing to acquire one rapidly
Detailed application and full curriculum for University of West Indies Jobs at UWI Mona
Detailed of UWI Mona Careers application and full curriculum vitae should be sent to the Campus Registrar, c/o HR Division (Appointments Section), Main Administration Building, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. via e-mail: HRApplications@sta.uwi.edu. Three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must be indicated.
UWI Mona Careers Application forms may be obtained at http://www.sta.uwi.edu/ in the Faculty & Staff, Staff Vacancies section. Further particulars including remuneration package may also be obtained at the above address. In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send their references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the Campus Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by the University. Applications received after the deadline date will not be considered.
Updated for 2019-11-30 till 12:00 AM