University of Pretoria Vacancies for Lecturer in Social Work. Search University of Pretoria Jobs. Latest University of Pretoria careers & Jobs. Upcoming Pretoria University vacancies.
Jobs Seekers who are looking for University of Pretoria Vacancies good news for them because University of Pretoria careers link open for Lecturer Vacancies. Aspirants who wants to apply for University of Pretoria Jobs, they need to know first University of Pretoria careers & Jobs details. at present University of Pretoria Vacancies for Lecturer available so check all details regarding to official University of Pretoria Jobs Notification in the below section.
University of Pretoria Vacancies for Lecturer in Social Work Position
Dear aspirants we are giving in the below section details of University of Pretoria Vacancies for Lecturer in Social Work position. You need to check all important details for University of Pretoria Jobs for Lecturer in Social Work vacancies. All details are regarding to University of Pretoria Vacancy Notification. Check first all the details for University of Pretoria Lecturer Vacancies.
University of Pretoria Jobs Details
|Job Title||Lecturer in Social Work – Department of Social Work and Criminology|
|Full/Part Time||Full time|
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL WORK AND CRIMINOLOGY LECTURER IN SOCIAL WORK
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
University of Pretoria Jobs RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level;
- Supervise master’s students;
- Conduct research at a nationally competitive level;
- Participate in curriculum development of undergraduate modules as required;
- Conduct academic administration and other duties, as determined by the Head of Department;
- Participate in the Department’s strategic initiatives related to teaching, research and community engagement.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: for University of Pretoria Vacancies for Lecturer
- A doctoral degree in Social Work;
- Appropriate teaching experience;
- Professional practice experience;
- Research outputs appropriate to the post level;
- A proven research and publication record of accomplishment in the specialised field;
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES): University of Pretoria Vacancies for Lecturer
- Applied knowledge of developmental social work, sustainable development and social policy;
- Applied knowledge of social work theories and general social work practice;
- Specialised knowledge and skills in social development, environmental social work, sustainable community development and social policy;
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Appropriate computer skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES: University of Pretoria Vacancies for Lecturer
- Research networks at an international level.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE:13 August 2019
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
University of Pretoria Vacancies for Lecturer Contact Details
ENQUIRIES: Ms K Dinyake, Tel: (012) 420 3889 for application-related enquiries.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 October 2019, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.
Check also for: UCT Jobs for Lecturer/Senior Lecturer
About the University of Pretoria
The University of Pretoria (UP) was established in 1908 with just four professors and 32 students, in a little house called Kya Rosa. Today, it is one of the largest research universities in South Africa. UP has transformed into a dynamic university community of staff and students who come from a range of diverse backgrounds and cultures showcasing South African and global societies. The University was borne from a vision to create a space for quality education and for new ideas to flourish. Over the course of its existence, and through different phases of political power and social change, UP has been resilient in its commitment to academic quality.
This has allowed us to establish a presence among the top 1,9% of universities worldwide. Our vision has always been to look forward, provide the best possible education for our students, and encourage them to go on to do great things. We are continuously transforming the corporate and research landscape through innovative thinking and the high calibre of our graduates. More than a quarter of a million alumni have passed through our doors. Many are on the path to success, while others have already become leaders in their fields both locally and internationally.
UP has grown to become one of the top universities on the continent, and we are proud that our reputation precedes our graduates around the world. Our story at UP is as much about where we have come from as where we are heading. It is a story of ongoing positive development, dedication to excellence, and striving to reach our goals with zeal, passion and perseverance.
Pretoria University Address: Lynnwood Rd, Hatfield, Pretoria, 0002, South Africa