University of Dubai Jobs at University of Dubai Careers Page. Dubai University Jobs. Teaching Jobs in Dubai. University Jobs in Dubai 2019. DU jobs in Dubai. Teaching Jobs in UAE Universities.
Job Seekers who are looking for University of Dubai Jobs at University of Dubai Careers Page. Good news for them Because of DU jobs in Dubai available at University of Dubai Careers link. Latest Dubai University Jobs for fresher. It is great opportunity for candidates who are searching for Teaching Jobs in Dubai, University Jobs in Dubai & Teaching Jobs in UAE Universities. Stay with us for Upcoming University Jobs in Dubai & Teaching Jobs in UAE Universities.
University of Dubai Jobs at University of Dubai Careers Page
University of Dubai Careers- The University of Dubai (UD) is a fully owned subsidiary of Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI). The DCCI has continuously supported the UD in every stage of its development as well as its international academic accreditation.
To support educational development in Dubai consistent with the Dubai Vision 2020, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and the Ruler of Dubai, granted UD in June 2006 a three (3) million square feet plot of land in the Academic City to build its new campus. The Ruler also chose the design for the new campus (through international competition).
DCCI granted 200 million dirhams (around US$ 54 million) to construct the new campus. The new campus is about 20 kilometers from the current UD’s location. The operations from old campus at Maktoum Street and DCCI were shifted to the new campus in Academic City from Dec’2015.
UD Jobs Vision: University of Dubai Careers
Strategic Vision: University of Dubai Careers
Mission: University of Dubai Careers
- Serve the educational needs of diverse undergraduates, postgraduates and professionals.
- Produce high caliber graduates.
- Provide education based on international standards.
- Provide a stimulating educational environment to prepare future leaders.
- Engage faculty in pure and applied research focused mainly on the economic development of Middle East & Africa (MEA) Region.
UD Vision and Mission 2017-2022 are driven by three strategic pillars: University of Dubai Careers
- Innovation – in the content and delivery of education through professional awards besides academic degree, in faculty research and in technology implementation.
- Global Academic Perspective – putting multi-disciplinary theory into meaningful practice through collaborative applied research in senior level BBA/BS and MBA/LLM/PhD programs’ experience and partnering with international accredited universities and professional certification for expanding global opportunity, and
- Building Character and Leadership – among students and graduates that make a lasting difference
University of Dubai Careers for Executive, Internship & Career Development Center
Position Summary: for University of Dubai Careers
The Executive, Internship & Career Development Center will report directly to the Manager of Internship and Career Development Center and Alumni Relations Office and his/her role is to support and to coordinate for internship opportunities and career services for students and alumni. The Executive, ICDC works collaboratively with the ICDC and alumni personnel, student services, and faculty members to ensure the delivery of career development services. The Executive, ICDC facilitates linkages with students and business/industry to support students’ transition to postgraduate education and employment.
Major Responsibilities: for University of Dubai Careers
- I. Internship
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of a viable internship program;
- Facilitate student learning by assisting students to secure appropriate internships to enhance overall academic experience and learn skills essential to conduct a successful job search;
- Initiate and build partnerships with employers to develop student opportunities for experiential endeavors locally, state-wide, nationally and internationally;
- Work collaboratively with faculty and administration to ensure compliance with internship policy and procedures;
- Conduct site visits to evaluate appropriateness and relevance of internships for students;
- Identify, develop and monitor current internship sites;
- Visit employers to promote students;
- Plan and conduct internship workshops and information programs;
- Co-review and co-update internship manual and promotional material;
- Research appropriate websites and resources to support the program;
- Assess the effectiveness of internship programs and propose recommendations for improvements to the ICDC Manager;
- Evaluate internship proposals together with the assigned faculty advisors and the ICDC Manager;
- Maintain Internship database administration for purposes of tracking;
- Coordinate and assist other career staff with various events and activities throughout year (Open days, career fairs, etc.);
- Assist in marketing the services and programs through developing appropriate materials as well as advertising special events;
- Assist in the production of program material and informational publications;
- Ensure that all requirements needed for the completion of the internship program is submitted by students;
- Ensure that all administrative concerns regarding the internship program are addressed in an efficient and professional manner;
- Update the internship database and webpage on a regular basis;
- Maintain and update internship files;
- Perform other essential duties and tasks specific to the position.
- II. Career Services
- A. Career Development
- Serve as Liaison to other departments on behalf of ICDC including Admissions & Registry, Colleges, UD Professional Centers, Students Services, and faculty; providing information about ICDC: assisting with the development of ICDC publications, website materials and brochures and performing other job-related duties as assigned;
- Provide leadership and direction in the areas of individual assessment, educational choices, career-planning and development and employment strategies for students;
- Counsel and advise students regarding employment opportunities through various employers;
- Promote career awareness, exploration, and planning;
- Assist with the planning and execution of career-related workshops, seminars, and networking events to meet the needs of UD students, and alumni;
- Assist in the organization of virtual and face-to-face job fairs; assisting with the maintenance of the online jobs database;
- Provide assistance to students, and alumni with resume writing, interviewing techniques and job search skills
- B. Preparatory Services
- Assists students with selection of major;
- Coordinate career planning activities in classrooms, groups, or individual sessions;
- Provide and coordinate administration and interpretation of career assessments;
- Provide information on postgraduate education programs and employment opportunities;
- Assist students with postgraduate education and employment opportunities;
- C. Transition Services
- Facilitate work-based learning opportunities;
- Provide and coordinate activities for students to develop employability skills;
- Promote the integration of career research and work-based learning opportunities;
- Promote the use of technology for career planning and research;
- D. Employer Relations
- 1. Serve as a liaison with the business and industry;
- Facilitate business, and community partnerships that provide internship and job opportunities for UD students and assist in establishing and maintaining employer relationships;
- Serve as a liaison with the business and industry;
- Publicize partnership resources;
- E. Professional Development
- Participate in professional development activities at the local and national levels;
- Engage in professional growth opportunities to remain current with trends, demands, and emerging careers in a rapidly changing workforce.
- A. Career Development
- III. Beta Gamma Sigma
- Co-supervise and mentor BGS student members in both the Undergraduate and Graduate levels;
- Conceptualize, organize and implement meaningful activities for the UD Chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma;
- Coordinate with BGS Head Office for the active participation of the UD Chapter in international events.
Handle any Internship /Career related admin work assigned by the ICDC Manager
IV. Minimum qualifications for University of Dubai Careers
- Bachelor Degree in Career Development, business, marketing, psychology, communication, public relations or other related major;
- Minimum two years work experience with a recruitment or career counseling firm or in a university;
- Excellent command of the English language and Arabic both written and verbal;
- Familiarity with corporate and nonprofit human resource management;
- Understanding of experiential education and career advising;
- Experience in presentation of workshops or public speaking;
- Skilled at planning, organizing and multi-tasking, understands the importance of deadlines and timelines;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Positive attitude and team work spirit.