Toronto Police Hiring 2019 for Accommodation Coordinator. Toronto Police Recruitment for Civilian. Current TPS Jobs Opening. Toronto Police Jobs for Various Position.
Candidates who want to Toronto Police Hiring information, Good news for them that Toronto Police Recruitment for Civilian Available now. Candidates can check here for Current TPS Jobs Opening. All the important details of Toronto Police Jobs given in the below section candidates need to check the details of Toronto Police Jobs below before apply.
Toronto Police Hiring 2019
The Toronto Police Service has been widely recognized as a leader in policing and is committed to providing excellence, innovation and quality leadership to the citizens of Toronto. The Toronto Police Service is able to provide a multitude of advancement opportunities for its uniform and civilian members, with over 180 uniform and over 300 different civilian job opportunities.
If you are looking for a career, or you are looking for a way to help your community – join us, you can make the difference!
How to apply
Toronto Police Service only accepts resumes/job applications online for posted job opportunities.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us or 416-808-JOIN (5646) to provide your contact information. A member of Talent Acquisition will contact you within 48 hours.
Use our search engine to find the job that interests you from the 4 job opportunities, and register a new applicant profile.
Do not miss out on careers opportunities. Sign up today to receive email notifications when the Toronto Police Service (TPS) job opportunities that meet your criteria are posted on the TPS Careers Website.
Applications must be received no later than the closing date.
Before applying to our job opportunities, please consider the following:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- As a condition of employment, past and current employment references will be contacted.
- Criminal, financial and/or driver’s licence checks will be required.
- Education verification may be required. Applicants educated in or outside the Province of Ontario can obtain equivalency assessments.
Posting Title: Accommodation Coordinator
Job ID #: 4980
Salary: $72,038 – $81,498
Location: Toronto Police Headquarters
Department: Wellness Unit
Job Code: A08CRA
The Toronto Police Service is looking for a candidate that shares our corporate values:
Service at our Core – Do the right thing – Connect with Compassion – Reflect and Grow
The Opportunity in Toronto Police Hiring 2019 for Accommodation Coordinator
Are you a self starter with excellent organizational and time management skills combined with superior relationship building skills that enables you to effectively communicate with a diverse population? Do you have previous experience implementing and developing accommodation and/or disability management programs? If this sounds like you, than we are pleased to share with you this exciting opportunity as an Accommodation Coordinator within the Wellness Unit of the Toronto Police Service.
What You Will Do: after Toronto Police Hiring 2019 as an Accommodation Coordinator
In this exciting role, as part of the Human Resources Command, and reporting directly to the Claims Lead, Wellness Unit, you will ensure effective communication and coordination with all units relating to workplace accommodation. You will also review, assesse and adjudicate workplace accommodation requests and coordinate the safe and timely placement of work accommodation assignments in accordance with applicable legislation, Service governance and the needs of members and the Service.
Toronto Police Hiring 2019 for Accommodation Coordinator, you will:
- Organize meetings, prepare briefing notes, reports and recommendations, and assesse and analyze information regarding accommodation and return to work matters.
- Liaise with various units, subject matter experts and stakeholders to gather relevant information associated to accommodation related matters, while building strong working relationships.
- Provide informed advice, support and recommendations concerning workplace accommodation to senior management and staff.
- Develop and maintain a repository of modified work assignments in the Service.
- Develop and maintain statistical reports, trend and data analysis on the frequency, severity and pattern of accommodation requests.
- Prepare reports, summaries and correspondence, including Board Reports, related to workplace accommodation and other related matters.
- Review and evaluate existing Service procedures and policies relative to legislation related to accommodation and disability management and recommend and implement inclusive strategies that ensure compliance with legislation.
- Provide advice and guidance to members with respect to appropriate protocols, legislative requirements, Service procedures and practices to ensure adherence to the Code and other legislative requirements.
- Support the Service on internal and external committees and at community engagements, as required
- Maintain awareness of new trends and developments in the field of human rights, disability management and workplace accommodation and incorporates this knowledge in the support and development of projects assigned.
- Collect, evaluate, collate and analyse information /data and reports relating to various projects and proposals, and provides findings, recommendations and courses of action.
- Perform other duties, functions and assignments inherent to the position.
Toronto Police Hiring 2019 for Accommodation Coordinator, The ideal candidate will have:
Education: for Toronto Police Hiring 2019 as Accommodation Coordinator
- Successful completion of a degree in a related discipline such as: sociology, psychology, business administration, labour relations, health sciences, human kinetics, or human resources or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge: for Toronto Police Hiring 2019 as Accommodation Coordinator
- Comprehensive understanding of the human rights legal framework in Ontario with general knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act and familiarity with related legislation, codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of the social justice perspective and business case perspective for accommodation in the workplace.
Experience: for Toronto Police Hiring 2019 as Accommodation Coordinator
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in the implementation and development of accommodation and or disability management program development or policy and process analysis, preferably in the area of organizational development, health and safety, human resources and/or relations in a large organization.
Skills: for Toronto Police Hiring 2019 as Accommodation Coordinator
- High developed analytical skills, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with all levels of the Service
- Ability to understand the inclusion needs at all levels of Toronto Police Service and support the information flow to and from the front-line
- Ability to work independently combined with superior multitasking and organizational skills to effectively deliver high quality work and to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Highly effective relationship building skills to develop, recommend and implement approved programs within a politically sensitive environment, where resistance to the status quo may be expected, and where initiatives are constrained by collective agreements.
- Superior teamwork skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the Service.
- Strong public speaking skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population
- Advanced computer skills in MS suite package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Preferred Requirements: for Toronto Police Hiring 2019 as Accommodation Coordinator
- Certified Disability Management Professional (CDMP), Certified Return to Work Coordinator (CRTWC), Ergonomis, Project Management Certification, would be considered an asset.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Experience working with Parklane, PeopleSoft web applications.
Lisa Petko, Civilian Staffing Advisor
Notes for Toronto Police Hiring 2019 as Accommodation Coordinator
- All applicants who meet the qualifications of the position are invited to submit an on-line application for this vacancy
- We thank all applicants for their interest. Once your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an e-mail confirmation within 24 hours
- Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted
The Toronto Police Service is committed to reflecting the diverse communities we serve. We encourage applications from our diverse communities, including Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, women, visible minorities, LGBTQ+ persons, those who are able to speak fluently in another language(s) and anyone committed to a rewarding career in public service.