FBI Jobs Pittsburgh for TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST. FBI IT Jobs in Pittsburgh. Find FBI Job near me. FBI Jobs for IT. FBI Recruitment 2019 for TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST. Upcoming USA Government Jobs
Candidates who are searching for FBI Jobs in Pittsburgh good news for them because FBI Jobs Pittsburgh Available now. So You can apply here for FBI IT Jobs now in Pittsburgh.
FBI Jobs Pittsburgh for TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Open to current, permanent FBI employees
Opening Date: August 2, 2019
Closing Date: August 8, 2019 11:59 p.m. EST
Questions regarding this opening should be directed to HR Specialist Dylan Altizer at 304-625-8033 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Telecommunications Specialist, GS 7/9
Division: Pittsburgh Division
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Working Hours: 8:15 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (subject to change)
GS 7 $43,213.00 – $56,178.00
GS 9 $52,858.00 – $68,712.00
Full Performance level: GS 11
Number of Positions Available: 1
Duration: Full Time/Permanent
Additional selections may be made from this announcement to fill positions within the same division when the position includes substantially the same duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Key Requirements of FBI Jobs Pittsburgh for TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Must be a current, permanent FBI employee
Must be able to obtain an SCI clearance
Some travel may be required
Selectee will be required to complete form FD-887, Request for Access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Major Duties of FBI Jobs Pittsburgh for TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
- Liaison between various commercial carriers and vendors on covert and overt telecommunications installations for the Division.
- Reviews and processes requests for telephone and data services to be used in connection with investigative and administrative operations. Reviews accompanying court orders, and makes recommendations for revisions.
- Keeps abreast of changes in operations, services, features of communications systems and equipment, and technology, within the telecommunications industry.
- Provide instruction to investigative personnel on the proper and safe operation of devices, answering questions relative to the operational capabilities and limitations of equipment/systems.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties to include inventory management, reports (to FBIHQ) on system information, invoice processing and bill payment.
Qualifications and Evaluations of FBI Jobs Pittsburgh for TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Please make sure your specialized experience (SE)/requirement(s) can be identified in your resume. Applicants must meet the qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the FBI’s Candidate Rating Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed in this announcement and will be compared to your responses to the online assessment questionnaire. High self-assessment in the vacancy questions that is not supported by information in your resume, and/or supporting documents may eliminate you from Most Competitive status.
If you are deemed Most Competitive, you will be referred to the selecting official for further consideration.
All applicants will be rated on the following Competencies: FBI Jobs Pittsburgh
- Customer Service
- Flexibility and Adaptability
Specialized Experience (SE) Requirements of FBI Jobs Pittsburgh for TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Qualifications for the GS-7 grade level: Applicant must possess at least one (1) year of SE equivalent to the GS-5 grade level.
- With supervision, assisted with planning, ordering, installation, operation maintenance, repair, and termination of services.
- Processed requests for service.
- Assisted in maintaining equipment inventory.
- Communicated with internal and external entities
Qualifications for the GS-9 grade level: Applicant must possess one (1) year of SE equivalent to the GS-7 level.
- Monitored established communication systems and programs.
- Participated in the planning, ordering, installation, operation maintenance, repair, and termination of services.
- Assisted with the preparation of technical reports regarding equipment, data collections, and costs.
- Maintained liaison with various commercial carriers and vendors.
Education for FBI Jobs Pittsburgh for TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
All degrees must be from an accredited college or university. Education may be substituted for SE as follows:
GS-7: Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree with superior academic achievement or one (1) full year of graduate level education. Superior academic achievement is the completion of all the requirements of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, which is based on (1) class standing, (2) grade-point average of 3.0 or higher as recorded on an official transcript, or as based on courses completed during the final two years of the curriculum, or (3) honor society membership.
GS-9: Applicant must have a master’s or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related.
NOTE: Qualifying education must show major study was in electrical or electronic engineering, mathematics, physics, public utilities, statistics, computer science, telecommunications management, information systems management, business administration, industrial management, or other fields related to the position.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the above requirements provided you can show foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States.
How to Apply for FBI Jobs Pittsburgh for TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
The following instructions outline our application process:
Step 1: Click the “Start” button to begin an application. You will be prompted to either Sign In to continue the application or to register with FBIJOBS if you don’t already have an account.
Step 2: Follow the Step by Step process to submit an application. You will be guided through each step in the process. You are required to complete all sections of the application to successfully submit your application.
Required Documents of FBI Jobs Pittsburgh for TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
To apply to this position, interested applicants must provide a complete application package by the closing date which includes:
- Your resume, specifically noting relevant work experience and associated start and end dates
- A complete assessment questionnaire
- Other supporting documents (if applicable):
- College transcripts, if qualifying based on education or if there is a positive education requirement
How to Attach Documents of FBI Jobs Pittsburgh for TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
To attach documentation as part of your application, please follow the instructions below.
Step 1: Follow the steps of the application process until you reach the Attachments step.
Step 2: Click “Add Attachment”.
Step 3: Select the appropriate Attachment Type (or “Other” if one is not available).
Step 4: Populate the “Attachment Purpose” field. Click “Continue”.
Step 5: Choose the device on which the attachment is located.
Step 6: Upload the desired attachment.
Step 7: To add additional attachments at this point in the application process click the “+” on the Attachments step.
To attach documentation to your Global Profile please follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Login to your FBI Jobs account, and click “My Submissions”.
Step 2: Click the “Add Attachment” located under the “Cover Letters and Attachments” section.
Step 3: Follow steps 3 – 6 above.
You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on the closing date of this announcement. If applying online is a hardship, please contact the HR Specialist listed in the vacancy announcement prior to the closing date for assistance.
What to Expect Next for FBI Jobs Pittsburgh
Once your complete application is received we will conduct an evaluation of your qualifications and determine your ranking. The Most Competitive candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified of your status throughout the process.
Additional Information of FBI Jobs Pittsburgh for TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
- Failure to provide necessary and relevant information required by this vacancy announcement may disqualify you from consideration. Additional information will not be requested if your application is incomplete. Your application will be evaluated solely on the basis of information you have submitted.
- Management may select at any grade for which this position has been announced.
- Identification of promotion potential in this announcement does not constitute a commitment or an obligation on the part of management to promote the employee selected at some future date. Promotion will depend upon administrative approval and the continuing need for an actual assignment and performance of higher-level duties.
- Limited Movement: Policy has been implemented wherein support employees entering a position through a competitive OR non-competitive action may be precluded from moving to another position within the Bureau by means of reassignment or change to lower grade for a minimum of 12 months.
- HRD will waive this limited movement policy for qualified employees, who have received an official notification letter that their current position is being relocated to Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama by 2021, in order for those employees to compete for a position elsewhere. This limited movement policy is also waived for qualified personnel nationally who want to apply and be considered for positions at Redstone Arsenal.
- Probationary employees are precluded from being considered for all job opportunities until 12-months of their 24-month probationary period has concluded. Probationary employees may be considered for competitive vacancies that are advertised within their respective division or field office after serving 90 days within the FBI.
- Candidates will not be considered if currently on a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP); a Letter of Requirement (LOR); or have failed a PIP or LOR and are currently awaiting the final action by HRD.
a. A Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) is a 90-day written developmental plan for an employee whose performance on one or more critical elements is rated “Unacceptable.”
b. A Letter of Requirement (LOR) is issued when a supervisor identifies leave abuse and/or when frequent absences negatively impact operations of an office.
- Relocation expenses will be borne by the selectee, except FBI employees returning from LEGAT assignment. Employees returning from LEGAT assignments must advise the Staffing Unit, Administrative Unit, and the international Operations Unit of their application to apply.
On December 22, 2017, the President signed into law the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. This law may impact your transfer.
- This legislation made previously non-taxed moving expense reimbursements taxable as of January 1, 2018. Please see HR Link for a list of the FBI’s current understanding of the applicable tax changes. However, this may change upon receipt of official guidance from GSA and DOJ.
- Current law provides the FBI with the authority to compensate employees for much of the tax burden caused by a transfer through the Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) process. At this time, it is unclear whether this authority addresses the full impact of the recent change in the tax law. GSA and DOJ are currently reviewing the Federal Travel Regulation (FTR), including the RITA process, in an effort to identify ways to minimize the additional tax burden on transferring employees.
- Candidates receiving a transfer of physical location, whether at the expense of the FBI or not, will be required to complete a one year commitment to the assignment, prior to moving to a new position at the FBI. The 12-month waiting period begins the day an employee reports for duty at the new location.
- Employees selected for positions at the GS-14 level or higher, as well as employees selected for positions where a transfer of location is required, will be processed through the name check program prior to being notified of their selection.
- Memorandum of Understanding: Work performed outside assigned duties (that would not normally be documented on a SF-50, i. e., back-up duties), has to be documented in detail by an immediate supervisor in order to receive full credit for amount of time worked in that position. If no documentation is furnished no credit will be given for time worked in that position. The following notations must be specified in the documentation (Memorandum of Understanding):
a. Percent of time worked in the particular position (cannot conflict with main duties)
b. The month/year work began
c. Frequency worked (i.e., daily, monthly, etc.)
d. Specific duties performed
Attach the Memorandum of Understanding to your application in the “Cover Letters and Attachments” section of My Career Tools on the Careers Home page. Please upload the attachment as type “Other.”
Nepotism of FBI Jobs Pittsburgh for TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Nepotism is the act of favoring relatives in the hiring process, and is prohibited by law. Public officials are prohibited from hiring or promoting relatives or relatives of officials in their chain of command, as well as actively or indirectly endorse a relative’s appointment or promotion.
During the hiring process, all selected candidates and FBI hiring managers will be required to certify they are not related to anyone involved in the hiring process.
Reasonable Accommodation Request of FBI Jobs Pittsburgh for TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
The FBI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please notify the Office of Equal Employment Opportunity Affairs (OEEOA) Reasonable Accommodation (RA) Program by either e-mail at REASONABLE_ACCOMMODATIONS@ic.fbi.gov, telephone at 202-324-4128, or FAX at 202-324-3976. Your request will receive an individualized assessment.
This e-mail address is only for reasonable accommodation requests. Please do not submit your application and/or any questions unrelated to reasonable accommodations. Should any applications be received, they will not be forwarded for consideration during the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity of FBI Jobs Pittsburgh for TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
The FBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for this vacancy. Except where otherwise provided by law, selection will be made without regard to, and there will be no discrimination because of color, race, religion, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, sex, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism, or any other non-merit.