DAI Malawi Vacancies for Technical Advisor at Public Financial Management
DAI Malawi vacancies- Job aspirants who are preparing for DAI Malawi Jobs good news for them because of DAI Malawi vacancies open for Information Technical Advisor at now. Candidates can check here for DAI Malawi Vacancies 2019 in Malawi Government. We are updating with position all the details of DAI Malawi vacancies in the below section. Candidates should check first all the details of DAI Malawi vacancies before apply. Click here for FDH Bank Malawi Jobs.
DAI Malawi Vacancies: Project Background
The Malawi Local Government Accountability and Performance (LGAP) project will improve the performance of local government in Malawi by improving capacity and accountability of local governments in the districts where it will work, strengthening citizen engagement and oversight, and improving the broader national policy and systems environment for decentralization. While doing so, LGAP will directly assist USAID Malawi to operationalize its integration approach. Check also for PSI Malawi Jobs
DAI Malawi Vacancies: Role’s Purpose
The Technical Advisor-Public Financial Management (PFM) will support implementation of activities addressing national public service reforms related to local government: increasing fiscal decentralization, increasing administrative decentralization, and implementing legislative reforms.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks for DAI Malawi Vacancies
- To provide an analytical account of the formal and informal rules and procedures that affect Public finance management in Malawi and provide practical recommendations that can expedite the realization of public finance management reforms or improvements
- To facilitate strong interface and linkages between district councils and the Ministry of Finance, the Office of the Accountant General, the Office of the Auditor General in implementation of policy and legal guidelines including PFM Act and national budget
- Ensure coordination and liaison of Public Financial Management Activities in Malawi through established mechanisms including Technical Working Groups, PFM Thematic Groups, etc.
- To support revenue improvement at local level by facilitating operationalization and strengthening Revenue Units in Councils. This will include continuously assessing the impact of specialized revenue division in council, specifically looking at the challenges in implementation and the successes that can be replicated to other districts.
- To facilitate the adoption of International public-sector accounting standards by working with ministry of finance, NLGFC, ICAM and other stakeholders so that proper guidance is given to council on how best to full transition to full accruals IPSAS
- Facilitate the process of ensuring that there is proper co-ordination between NLGFC, Auditor General and Ministry of finance to reduce among others un-coordinated multiple audits and inconsistency in accounting procedures.
- Engagement with development partners and Government to assist with the ongoing harmonization of support in PFM related area
- To provide a systematic account of the roles of internal and exogenous institutions in the dynamics of public finance management and provide recommendations that will inform how best to achieve PFM reforms in councils
- Contribute to compilation of Project Reports including Quarterly and Annual Reports.
Qualifications for DAI Malawi Vacancies
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- 10 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID’s policies and procedures preferred
- Experience working with central government institutions
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and reading skills
Job Code: 4133